A vacancy has arisen for a Clerk/RFO for this active and forward-looking Community Council. The responsibilities include:
- Advising Councillors on all legal and financial matters relating to Council business
- Budget preparation, monitoring and reporting
- Assisting with Business Plans
- Preparing agendas and servicing Community Council Meetings and Committee Meetings (between 2 and 5 evening meetings per month)
- Managing two direct reports
- Liaison with Borough and County Council officers and councillors, and other community organisations
- Preparing and receiving correspondence on behalf of the Council, and dealing with public enquiries
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experienced in office management, including ICT
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of financial management for small organisations, including relevant software applications
- Relevant qualifications to at least CiLCA, or a commitment to obtain these within twelve months of starting
- Flexibility to accommodate evening meetings
- Experience of Local Government or similar environment
The role is for 25 hours per week, including flexibility to work away from the office. Salary will be based on the Local Government Pay Scale according to skills and experience.
Financial support and study leave are available to support CiLCA or other relevant qualifications.
Please send your CV with details of two references, one of whom must be your current employer, by 5pm on Monday 18th June 2018.
Councillor David Clouston, Myland Community Council, 101 Nayland Road, Colchester CO4 5EN.